I LOVE sausages, always have always will. It is very hard to find real, ‘clean’ sausages in the supermarkets, although there are an increasing number of brands that are bringing out cleaner, healthier no nonsense sausages which is great.
I love these little chipolata sausages from Waitrose. They are pretty good on the healthy front and taste amazing! The ingredients are;
Pork shoulder (58%), pork belly (26%), honey, water, potato starch, sheep casing, herbs (rosemary, thyme and sage), sea salt, ground spices (nutmeg, ginger, black pepper, mace, mustard powder and chilli powder), antioxidant ascorbic acid.
So really not bad at all. Butternut squash and sausages are a match made in heaven and this spaghetti is absolutely heavenly! Sweet and salty, packed with hearty flavour yet light enough to be served on a summers day with a large leafy green side salad. This is definitley one to try asap!
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Sausage & Butternut Bake
- Clean Eating Sausage Jambalaya
- Clean Eating Butternut Squash, Goats Cheese & Beetroot Salad
Clean Eating Roasted Butternut & Sausage Spaghetti
- Yield: 4 Servings
Sweet and salty, packed with hearty flavour yet light enough to be served on a summers day with a large leafy green side salad.
- 450 grams Butternut Squash diced into bitesize pieces
- 1/2 Tablespoon Oil of choice I used olive oil plus more to serve
- 1/2 tsp Dried Rosemary plus more to serve
- 1/8 tsp Fine Sea Salt plus more to serve
- 12 Chipolata Sausages the cleanest you can find
- 1/2 Garlic Clove
- 300 grams Brown Rice Spaghetti or any wholegrain spaghetti
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley or Basil to serve
- 1 pinch Black Pepper to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180*C.
- Place the butternut squash, oil, dried rosemary and sea salt onto a roasting pan and toss together.
- Place into the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove from the oven and toss again. Scatter the sausages around the pan and place back into the oven for another 20 minutes.
- During the last 10 minutes of cooking, boil your spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- Once the sausages are cooked, remove from the oven and mince/finely grate over half of a garlic clove and toss. Slice up the sausages into bitesize pieces.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain and toss together with the roasted squash and sausages.
- Drizzle over 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, another 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary and season with a little fine sea salt (1/8 tsp) and fresh black pepper.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve with a leafy green side salad.