I have the BEST weekend breakfast treat to share with you today. After another week of early morning workouts in the bag, I decided I deserved a morning off of oats and protein powder and instead I indulged in a plate of Raspberry French Toast. Oh Yum!
I was chatting with one of my friends after church the other week and she mentioned that her son was making waffle berry pudding for dessert (I think it’s a pampered chef recipe and it is so delicious), and ever since then I have had it on my mind and I figured that I could create a waffle berry pudding style breakfast in this french toast and it worked a treat!
This is a really yummy, pretty little breakfast or brunch idea to share with your family this summer. It’s simple and quick to make too. If you couldn’t get hold of fresh raspberries in the summer you could use defrosted frozen raspberries too.
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
You may also like:
Clean Eating Raspberry French Toast
- Yield: 1 Servings
This is a really yummy, pretty little breakfast or brunch idea to share with your family this summer. If you couldn't get hold of fresh raspberries in the summer you could use defrosted frozen raspberries too.
- 2 small slices Clean Wholegrain Bread
- 1 tsp Oil of choice I used Coconut Oil
- 1 Egg preferably Organic
- 10 Fresh Raspberries
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon optional
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1 handful Fresh Berries to serve
- Place the oil into a large non stick frying pan and heat until melted (if using coconut oil).
- Mash the raspberries with the back of a fork and whisk them together with the egg and cinnamon.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture and coat both sides, making sure the raspberries stick.
- Cook in the oil over a medium/low heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve topped with the maple syrup and fresh berries.