I admit, this doesn’t look very pretty BUT my husband loved this meal, he even had seconds! This was another one of those creations that took place the day before food shopping day, like my Clean Eating Chicken and Mushroom Supreme. All I had in the fridge was some turkey mince, a whole head of broccoli and some leftover cooked quinoa and the result was this flavourful stir fry!
It’s amazing what can happen in the kitchen when you are left with 3 or 4 ingredients to cook with. A lot of my recipes have come from situations just like that where I have had no choice but to use what I have leftover. These creations haven’t always been successes though! My husband knows to brace himself when he comes home and asks whats for dinner and I say, ‘I just made it up’!!
9 times out of 10 we are usually all pleased with the result, but he will never let me forget the day I made a salmon stir fry. Seriously, what is wrong with a salmon stir fry? I thought it tasted great! 😉
Clean Eating Quinoa Turkey Stir Fry is a great protein packed quick meal. It’s full of flavour and enjoyable to eat. I’m sure it would taste great cold too, but we didn’t have any leftover for me to find out!
You can check out more delicious turkey recipes from our fabulous sponsors, British Turkey.
You may also like
- Clean Eating Everday Quinoa – How to cook Quinoa
- Clean Eating Quinoa Funfetti Salad
- Clean Eating ‘Cheesy’ Chilli Broccoli Quinoa
Clean Eating Quinoa Turkey Stir Fry
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
Clean Eating Quinoa Turkey Stir Fry is a great protein packed quick meal to help you use up any leftovers. Its full of flavour and enjoyable to eat.
- 1/2 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 400 grams Turkey Mince
- 1 whole head Fresh Broccoli chopped into small florrets
- 20 grams Fresh Ginger minced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 200 ml Water
- 1 teaspoon Bouillon Stock Powder reduced salt, organic if possible
- 2 teaspoons Tarmari Sauce or low sodium soya sauce
- 180 grams Quinoa cooked
- Add the olive oil and turkey mince to a wok or non stick pan. Cook over a medium heat until the turkey is completely cooked through. (Drain any fat if necessary).
- Add the broccoli and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the water, stock and tamari sauce and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked quinoa and turn the heat to high. Stir until the quinoa is heated through, about 2 minutes or so.
- Serve and enjoy!