Who wouldn’t want to eat something that’s got the word ‘funfetti’ in it? I was laying in bed one night, thinking about food (it happens a lot) and I thought it would be cool to make a colourful Quinoa salad. You know in the summertime when you get invited to a BBQ and you are asked to bring a side dish? I wanted to create something beautiful, healthy and original that could be whipped up in a flash to take along and share at one of those occasions!
When I imagined what this would look like in my head, I knew it would have to be called Clean Eating Quinoa Funfetti Salad, after the funfetti cake (a cake with coloured sprinkles in it). I do love cake. But who needs cake when you can have Quinoa?
What is your favourite Clean Eating BBQ side dish?
Clean Eating Quinoa Funfetti Salad
- Yield: 4 - 6 Servings
- Ready In:
This is the perfect summer salad. Its Gluten Free and Vegan friendly, so everyone will be able to enjoy it.
- 1 Cup Quinoa rinsed
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 teaspoons Bouillon Stock Powder (organic, reduced salt, if possible)
- 1/4 Cup Cucumber diced
- 1/4 Cup Yellow Pepper diced
- 1/4 Cup Orange Pepper diced
- 1/4 Cup Radishes diced
- 1 Tomato de-seeded and diced
- 1 Tablespoon Red Onion finely chopped
- Place the rinsed quinoa into a saucepan with the water and bouillon stock powder and bring to the boil. Stir to dissolve the stock powder.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and turn the heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Check the quinoa in the last few minutes, ensuring there is enough water, and stir to stop it from sticking. You can add an extra splash of water if you need to.
- After 15 minutes, or once the water is all absorbed, allow the quinoa to cool.
- Once cool add the chopped raw vegetables, stir and enjoy.