Pizza is a wonderful creation! It can contain all of the elements that make up a complete meal; complex carbohydrates, lean proteins, vegetables and a little fat. Did you ever think that eating pizza would be ‘allowed’ whilst you were gaining better health and losing weight?! (Now you know why I’m such a huge fan of Clean Eating!).
The trick is all in the portion size. When you make your own pizza you have control over everything, the type of base you use, the amount of cheese you put on, the variety of vegetables and the quality of protein. For this pizza I have used a wholewheat flat bread which comes out super thin and crispy. I only used 1/2 oz of cheese, loaded it with protein packed Clean Eating Refried Beans and topped with my favourite Mexican vegetables.
– Although I have to say, I wasn’t a huge fan of the hot avocado, I’d probably put that on after its done in the oven next time!
What vegetables would you use to top your Mexican Pizza?
Clean Eating Quick Mexican Pizza
- Yield: 1 Servings
- Ready In:
Did you ever think that eating pizza would be allowed whilst you were gaining better health and losing weight? It is with this Clean Eating Quick Mexican Pizza!
- 1 Wholewheat Flat Bread or pitta bread
- 3 Tablespoons Clean Eating Refried Beans
- 1/2 Avocado sliced
- 3 Cherry Tomatoes sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Red Onion sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Jalapeno Peppers optional
- 1/2 ounce Cheese I used goats cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Coriander or Parsly to serve - optional
- Preheat your oven to 180°c.
- Place the flat bread on a baking tray and spread with the refried beans.
- Top with chosen vegetables and then finely grate over the cheese.
- Place in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Top with a sprinkle of fresh coriander or parsley and serve with a salad.