Do you remember eating cheese and pineapple hedgehogs at parties when you were a child? I would always just eat the pineapple and leave the cheese, whilst my sister would eat the cheese but leave the pineapple!
This is a grown up version of that party food classic. Perfect to serve on a cheese board or on mini oat cakes as little appetizers at a dinner party. Just make sure you have a crowd of people to share it with, otherwise you will find you have eaten the whole thing yourself!
I used unsalted macadamia nuts and 100% natural dried pineapple, no added sugar or preservatives (so tasty)! The dried pineapple brand is called Urban Fruit and you can purchase it from most UK supermarkets. I get mine from Ocado or Asda.
What’s your favourite fruity cheese combo?
Clean Eating Pineapple & Macadamia Goats Cheese Log
- Yield: 7 Servings
A grown up party classic to share as an appetiser or along with other Clean Eating party food.
- 125 grams Goats Cheese soft log
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Macadamia Nuts finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons 100% Natural Dried Pineapple finely chopped
- Place the chopped macadamia nuts and dried pineapple in a bowl and give them a good mix, separating the pineapple if its a bit stuck together.
- Pour the mixture onto a work surface and roll the goats cheese log over it a few times.
- Once the mixture seems to stop sticking, place the cheese on the board and using your hands, scoop up the leftover nut and pineapple mixture and gently press it into the cheese.
- Serve with oat cakes or wholegrain rice cakes and vegetable crudités.