You guys know that I am not a ‘low carb’ fan. I love carbs and know that I personally wouldn’t function properly without some form of complex carb from grains in my diet.
So whilst I wouldn’t make a habit of swapping out my spaghetti for courgetti, I still love to enjoy all kinds of vegetable noodles as well as the regular wholegrain ones. They definitely help to bulk out a meal and give you an extra veggie portion to boot!
I’ve been adding courgetti to my meals a lot over the summer. Usually I will just eat it plain with my meal but I had some leftover pesto in the fridge and decided to mix it into my courgetti and it was SO good!
All of my pesto recipes are vegan friendly so if you are following a plant based diet you could also add a little nutrition yeast to this to make it extra flavourful, or if you are not vegan and eat dairy, a sprinkling of feta cheese is also really good!
Clean Eating Pesto Courgetti
- Yield: 1 Servings
You could also add a little nutrition yeast to this to make it extra flavourful, or if you are not vegan and eat dairy, a sprinkling of feta cheese is also really good!
- 1 Courgette spiralized
- 1 Tablespoon Clean Pesto I used my Spinach Pesto
- 1/2 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast optional - can be substituted for Parmesan cheese to taste.
- Place the courgetti into a non stick saucepan and add a tiny splash of water.
- Cook over a medium/high heat until the courgetti just softens.
- Stir in the pesto and nutritional yeast and toss to combine.
- Serve and enjoy.