Im sure lots of you make this kind of thing for breakfast every day but for those of you who struggle to keep breakfast new and exciting here is another way to get your oats in and it is super tasty! Perfect for a cold and wet autumn morning.
The peanut butter provides some protein and fat whilst the oats provide an excellent source of slow releasing complex carbohydrates and so will keep you going all morning. You could also try swapping the peanut butter for almond butter. I use Meridian nut butters which can be found in most UK supermarkets or health food shops.
Please Note: I can’t seem to eat any more than 20g of oats in the morning but if you can eat the recommended 40g of oats then go for it! You can double the recipe, there is nothing wrong with that at all.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Apple Pie Porridge
- Clean Eating Coconut & Date Porridge
- Clean Eating Raspberry & Almond Porridge
Clean Eating Peanut Butter Porridge
- Yield: 1 Servings
The peanut butter provides some protein and fat whilst the oats provide an excellent source of slow releasing complex carbohydrates and so will keep you going all morning.
- 20 grams Rolled Oats
- 180 ml Organic Oat Milk or any milk of choice
- 1 Tablespoon Natural Peanut Butter I use Meridian
- 1 teaspoon Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 small handful Unsalted Peanuts optional
- Place the oats, milk and peanut butter into a saucepan and cook over a low heat whilst stirring until thickened.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan into your serving bowl and top with a splash of extra milk, honey, more peanut butter if desired and unsalted peanuts.
- Serve and enjoy.