I have been so eager to get some baked goods onto the blog and after many failed attempts, today was the day that The Kitchen Shed produced its very first Clean Eating cookie! They contain no butter, no eggs, no flour and no refined sugar (and my Husband still ate them!). My boys really liked these too, my littlest one was on his tippy toes by the kitchen counter trying to sneak more whilst I was taking the photos. That boy loves to eat!
I have always loved the idea of baking for my family but I have never found a Clean Eating cookie/cake recipe that I could make in the UK with the ingredients we have available, so I am really excited about these and cannot wait to make them again for my little ones, knowing that they are a clean and tasty, not to mention quick and easy!
I am not a natural baker but this recipe could not be simpler. Crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, these Clean Eating Peanut Butter Cookies aren’t too sweet but sweet enough to get you over a cookie craving! I used natural, sugar free peanut butter, see my Healthy Alternatives – Peanut Butter for more information.
Do you know of a good Clean Eating cookie recipe?
You may also like
Clean Eating Peanut Butter Cookies
- Yield: 10 - 12
- Ready In:
Crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, these Clean Eating Peanut Butter Cookies aren't too sweet but sweet enough to get you over a cookie craving!
- 100 grams Ground Almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 3 Tablespoon Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 teaspoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Milk of choice I used Oat Milk
- 1 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray or cookie sheet with grease proof paper.
- Place the ground almonds and the bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl and combine with a spoon.
- Add all of the other ingredients and stir to combine
- Take 1 Tablespoon of the cookie dough and roll into a ball in your hands.
- Place the ball of dough onto the baking tray and gently press down in the middle with your fingers.
- Repeat this process until you have used all of the cookie dough mixture.
- You can make the crisscross detail with a fork if you like!
- Place the cookies into the oven and bake for 12 - 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool before serving.