This recipe post is purely for convenience for myself and for you guys.
I have already published my Clean Eating Pastry recipe which makes a complete 23cm/9inch pie (top and bottom) but for future recipes it is quite unlikely that I will need to use both a pastry base and lid, so I have done the ‘hard’ work for you and just halved that recipe here so that I can refer to it when I need to, and so can you!
Easy as pie!
I make this pastry in my food processor because it is quick and easy, but if you don’t have a food processor just put your ingredients into a bowl and combine with a fork until you can form the dough into a ball with you hands.
Clean Eating Pastry Base
This Clean Eating Pastry Base is dairy free, egg free, sugar free, quick and easy to make and it tastes delicious!
- Place the flour into a food processor and cover with the lid.
- Open the funnel on the lid of the food processor and whilst the processor is on, pour in the water and the oil.
- Once the flour looks like fine breadcrumbs, open the lid and scrape down the sides.
- Put the lid back on and blend again.
- Once completely blended, pour out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and form into a ball.
- Roll out as needed.