My kids love to eat corn on the cob, I think most people do. Besides the picking corn out of your teeth part, eating corn this way is fun and somehow makes it taste better!
We have always boiled our corn cobs until last year when my Auntie showed us how she roasts them in the oven. Game changer!! Not only do you save room on the hob and avoid all the steam from the boiling water, you end up with some seriously delicious, nutty tasting corn.
This is such a great way to cook corn, especially if we are feeding a crowd. You can fit a lot more corn cobs into a roasting pan then you can in a saucepan! This is also a great way to have a play with different spices and flavourings without loading them with butter at the end of cooking. Have a go and see what you think.
Clean Eating Oven Roasted Corn Cobs
- Yield: 4 Servings
This is such a great way to cook corn, especially if we are feeding a crowd. You can fit a lot more corn cobs into a roasting pan then you can in a saucepan.
- 4 Large Corn Cobs halved
- 1-2 teaspoons Oil of choice I used olive oil
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Chilli Flakes optional
- Preheat the oven to 180*C and place the corn cobs into a roasting pan.
- Drizzle the corn cobs with oil and rub the oil around each one.
- Sprinkle over the salt and pepper and place into the oven for 25 minutes.
- Once cooked, carefully remove from the oven and serve.