These are probably the quickest and easiest cookies I have ever made and quite possibly the yummiest too. My chocolate hobnob eating husband LOVES them so I know they have got to be good! They are more crunchy biscuit like than chewy cookie so are perfect for dunking in freezing cold organic milk or to enjoy with a cup of herbal tea.
This recipe is adapted from one that I found on the back of my pack of Doves Farm Spelt Flour. The recipe was for Honey & Cinnamon Cookies and once I read the ingredients (spelt flour, baking powder, cinnamon, honey and sunflower oil) I figured it was already a pretty clean recipe.
I’m not a huge fan of honey in baking, so I thought I would try the recipe with maple syrup instead and then the addition of pecans was inevitable. I have made 3 different batches of these and each one has been gobbled up very quickly, so even if you go wrong I can pretty much guarentee that they will still taste amazing!
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Coconut Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Clean Eating Peanut Butter Cookies
- Clean Eating Banana Nut Breakfast Cookies
Clean Eating Maple Pecan Cookies
- Yield: 8 Cookies
- Ready In:
These are probably the quickest and easiest cookies I have ever made and quite possibly the yummiest too. My chocolate hobnob eating husband LOVES them, so I know they have got to be good!
- 100 grams Whole Spelt Flour
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil melted
- 2 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 20 grams Pecans chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease a baking tray with coconut oil.
- Place the flour, cinnamon and baking powder into a bowl and stir with a fork to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the melted coconut oil and the maple syrup.
- Stir together until you have a thick and sticky cookie dough.
- Add the chopped pecans to the mixture and combine as much as possible.
- Take 1 Tablespoon of the dough and roll it into a ball. Place the ball of dough onto the baking tray and carefully press down on the center until you have an even, thick cookie.
- Continue this process until all of the dough is used up.
- Place the cookies into the oven for 10 minutes until lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove the cookies from the baking tray and place on a wire rack to cool.
- These are best served whilst still slightly warm, or cool completely and store in an air tight container.