Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click her to sign up!
I love lentils, there is no doubt about that. I could quite happily (and often do) just eat them drained from the tin or carton that they came in. They are low in calories and a great source of protein, an essential food for any clean eater. They are also pretty inexpensive and can help to bulk out a meal like my Turkey Lentil Bolognese.
These lentils are a great way to pimp up your lunch time salad. Adding that extra protein and fibre which will help you to feel full as well as adding their beautiful texture and flavour.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Super Salad with Lentils & Goats Cheese
- Clean Eating Sweet & Spicy Butternut Lentil Soup
- Clean Eating Pork, Kale & Lentil Ragu
Clean Eating Lentil Salad
- Yield: 2 Servings
These lentils are a great way to pimp up your lunch time salad. Adding that extra protein and fibre which will help you to feel full as well and their beautiful texture and flavour.
- 1 tin/carton Lentils in water no added anything
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Brown Rice Vinegar I used Clearspring
- 1 teaspoon Organic Tamri Sauce or low sodium soya sauce
- 1 handful Mixed Fresh Herbs Basil, Parsley, Coriander
- Drain and rinse the lentils in a sieve or colander.
- Place the lentils into a bowl and add all of the other ingredients.
- Toss to combine.
- Serve half of the lentils over your salad and refrigerate the other half for up to 2 days.