These little Indian flat breads are so tasty dipped into your favouite curry. I love to eat mine with my Clean Eating Chicken and Sweet Potato Curry. Mmmmmmmm!
Homemade Chapatti recipes are usually clean, but not a lot of people make their own and instead opt for shop bought ones which are not so clean, often containing sugar and a number of different preservatives.
Chapattis are easy to make and they taste amazing! Try them out the next time you make a curry, or make up a batch to use instead of bread at lunchtimes.
Have you ever made Chapattis?
Clean Eating Indian Chapattis
- Yield: 8 small chapattis
- Ready In:
These little Indian flat breads are so tasty dipped into your favouite curry!
- Place the flour and salt into a mixing bowl and combine with a fork.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and slowly stir in the water.
- Once mostly combined, get your hands into the bowl and form the dough into a ball.
- Knead by hand on a floured surface for about 10 minutes. You can do this in two lots of 5 minutes to give your arms a break.
- Add extra flour as needed if the dough gets a bit sticky.
- Cut the dough into 8 equal balls (weighing about 50g each).
- Using a rolling pin, roll each ball into thin, flat circles.
- Heat up a non stick frying pan on a low heat.
- Once the pan is hot, cook each chapatti for about 1 minute on the first side and then turn over and cook the second side for 30 - 40 seconds.
- Serve with your favourite curry or use as a flat bread and fill with hummus and salad vegetables.