We all love Mexican thanks to good old ‘Old El Paso’ but unfortunately these convenient mixes and jars are no good for a Clean Eater – as tasty as they may be.
Luckily for us, the Mexican flavour is really easy to replicate using fresh and dried spices. Mexican side dishes and dips are even easier to make too. I love avocados and I love guacamole. You can whip this up in no time at all before serving it at your Mexican feast, or just use it as a dip to go alongside some organic corn chips.
I have tweaked the recipe to suit different tastes. If you don’t like the taste of raw red onion, use some milder spring onion instead. If like me you have good days and bad days with fresh coriander, just leave it out. It will still taste delicious.
What is your all time favourite cuisine?
Clean Eating Guacamole
- Yield: 4 Servings
Make this fresh, delicious Guacamole in just minutes to impress at a Mexican feast.
- 1 large Hass Avocado ripe
- 1 large Tomato deseeded and diced
- 1-2 teaspoons Red Onion or Spring Onion finely diced
- 1/4 Lime juiced
- 1-2 teaspoons Fresh Coriander finely chopped (optional)
- 1 pinch Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste (optional)
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop the flesh out into a bowl.
- Roughly mash it up with a fork.
- Add all other ingredients except salt and pepper and give it a good mix.
- Have a taste and adjust seasoning if needed, adding more lime juice or salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve straight away.