My boys love these. What boy doesn’t like anything called ‘chip’. I’m sure I could cut up any vegetable into the shape of a chip and my kids would love it! Maybe not a sprout?!
Potatoes are great, but sweet potatoes are so much better. Sweet potatoes are a great source of fibre and are packed with vitamins and minerals, including: Vitamins A, C, B5, B6, Magnesium and Potassium. I like to make healthy upgrades every now and then swapping good food for even better food. I upgrade white potatoes to sweet potatoes, iceberg lettuce to spinach, cabbage to kale, wholewheat cous cous to quinoa etc.
These chips are simple, tasty and you will love them. – Now to make a clean version of ketchup!
What do you like to dip your chips in?
Clean Eating Garlic Sweet Potato Chips
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
These chips make a great accompaniment to Mexican dishes.
- 4 medium Sweet Potatoes
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1 pinch Dried Chilli Flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes lengthways into 1.5cm slices.
- Cut each sweet potato slice lengthways again, into 1.5cm chips.
- Place the chips in a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix the chips around with a fork until they are all well coated.
- Place the chips onto a baking tray and cover with foil.
- Place in the oven and cook at 200°C for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove foil and turn the heat down to 180°C.
- Place the chips back in the oven for a further 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Allow to cool down for a couple of minutes, then serve and enjoy!