I may or may not have licked my bowl clean after eating this…! It is seriously scrummy, especially with plenty of freshly chopped parsley!
All of the Quinoa recipes you find here at The Kitchen Shed are dairy free and gluten free. You can use them to top leafy green salads making them more exciting and extra nutritious.
Clean Eating Garlic Mushroom & Spinach Quinoa makes a great clean eating lunch or dinner when eaten with a salad. It’s packed with flavour and protein and helps to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
I used frozen spinach for this recipe, I always like to keep spinach in the freezer to add to meals whenever I have run out of fresh veggies, but feel free to use fresh spinach instead and just stir it in at the end of cooking.
Clean Eating Garlic Mushroom & Spinach Quinoa
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
Clean Eating Garlic Mushroom & Spinach Quinoa makes a great clean eating lunch or dinner when eaten with a salad. It's packed with flavour and protein and helps to keep you fuller for longer.
- 180 grams Quinoa rinsed
- 500 ml Stock I used 500ml water and 2 teaspoons of bouillon stock powder
- 1 handful Frozen Spinach approximately 4 blocks
- 300 grams Mushrooms
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 large handful Fresh Parsley roughly chopped - optional
- Clean and quarter the mushrooms before placing them into a non stick pan with the olive oil.
- Cook for 5 minutes over a medium/high heat.
- After 5 minutes, turn off the heat and mince/grate in the garlic. Stir to combine.
- Place the rinsed quinoa into a saucepan with the stock and frozen spinach. Add the mushrooms and garlic and turn on the heat.
- Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally to break up the spinach.
- Once bubbling, cover with the lid and turn the heat down to low. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Check on the quinoa in the last 5 minutes, stirring to ensure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Once cooked, allow to cook a little before serving and topping with the roughly chopped parsley.