Oats are a great way to start the day. They are nutritious complex carbohydrates which will make you feel fuller for longer and they are great for your heart and blood sugar levels.
I have a number of fancy porridge recipes, but these are my go to ‘Everyday Oats’. You can make them with whatever fruit you have at home. Try any of these combinations, or create some of your very own!
- Oats, Sliced Banana and Honey
- Oats, Raspberries and Sliced Almonds
- Oats, Strawberries and Maple Syrup
- Oats, Blueberries and Banana
- Oats, Raisins and Cinnamon with Chopped Walnuts
- Oats, Blackberries and Apples
- Oats, Pears and Ground Flaxseed… And the list goes on!
This recipe serves one, but you can increase the quantity by following the ratio 1:3 (1 part oats to 3 parts milk) – this ratio works for oat milk but all milks are different consistency’s and may need measurements adjusting slightly.
What milk do you use with your morning oats?
Clean Eating Everyday Oats
- Yield: 1 Servings
- Ready In:
Show your body some lovin' by waking up to Oats in the mornings.
- 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats
- 3/4 Cup Oat Milk
- 1 handful Fresh Raspberries
- 1 teaspoon Pure Maple Syrup (optional)
- Place the oats and oat milk in a saucepan and turn on the heat.
- Bring to a little bubble and turn down the heat to low.
- Simmer the oats for 2-3 minutes until thickened and creamy.
- Add extra milk to reach desired consistency if needed.
- Serve with fresh raspberries and maple syrup.