I love simple meals and this is really minimalistic and easy to make. You get your complex carbs, protein and fat all in one little oven baked package. Serve with a salad and you have got a perfectly balanced meal.
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
These eggs may fool you whilst they are in the oven. Mine didn’t look cooked for ages and I ended up over cooking them and served rubbery eggs which were pretty inedible. Just keep and eye on them, and even if they don’t look done, take them out and have a little test. It will be worth the extra vigilance to have perfect eggs!
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Clean Eating Tamari Parsley Scrambled Eggs
- Clean Eating Pesto Deviled Eggs
Clean Eating Egg Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Yield: 4 Servings
You get your complex carbs, protein and fat all in one little oven baked package. Serve with a salad and you have got a perfectly balanced meal.
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 handful Fresh Spinach optional
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley to serve
- 1-2 teaspoons Tamari Sauce to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 180*C.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 1-1 1/2 hours until soft inside.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and carefully cut almost from end to end, creating a little potato boat. Place the potatoes into a snug dish, lined with grease proof paper to prevent sticking.
- Fluff up the potato inside the skin and flatten down making room for the egg to sit inside.
- Cover the potato with the spinach leaves if using and carefully place one cracked egg into each potato.
- Place the potatoes back into the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes, until the whites are cooked and the yolk is still runny inside.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.