I love all of the recipes here on my blog but this has got to be my most favourite one of all. I am super chuffed with the way this recipe came together. It tastes INSANE! My husband doesn’t even like prawns but he has asked me several times to make this again. (You know it’s a winner when the non clean eating husband asks for more!).
If you have never cooked with raw prawns before then this is a great recipe to start out with. You cannot beat the taste of the fresh prawns and they cook in just minutes. I used my Clean Eating Coriander Lime Pesto but you could try it with any pesto you like.
Clean Eating Coriander Lime Pesto Prawn Tagliatelle is amazing. It is so fresh and the chilli gives it an addictive heat. It’s posh nosh that can be put together in less than 15 minutes and to top it all off, it’s good for you!
Helpful Tip: If you didn’t want to serve this with tagliatelle you could stir it into some quinoa instead.
Clean Eating Coriander Lime Pesto King Prawn Tagliatelle
- Yield: 2 Servings
Clean Eating Coriander Lime Pesto Prawn Tagliatelle is amazing. It is so fresh and the chilli gives it an addictive heat. It's posh nosh that can be put together in less than 15 minutes and to top it all off, it is good for you!
- 150 grams Raw Peeled King Prawns cleaned and de-veined
- 2 Tablespoons Clean Eating Coriander Lime Pesto divided
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 150 grams Wholewheat Tagliatelle
- 1 pinch Dried Chilli Flakes
- Place the clean prawns into a bowl with 1 Tablespoon of the pesto and a pinch of dried chilli flakes. Stir to coat the prawns.
- Let the prawns sit in the fridge for 10 minutes or so to marinade whilst you prepare the tagliatelle.
- Boil a kettle and pour the water into a saucepan.
- Cook the tagliatelle according to the packet instructions or to your own personal taste.
- When the tagliatelle has about 5 minutes to go, take the prawns out of the fridge and heat up the coconut oil in a non stick frying pan.
- Once melted, add the prawns and cook for about 4 minutes over a medium heat until the prawns are cooked through. (Turn halfway through)
- Once the tagliatelle is cooked, drain it and place it back into the saucepan.
- Pour over the prawns and the pan juices and the remaining Tablespoon of pesto and stir to combine.
- Serve with extra dried chilli flakes, fresh chopped coriander and a squeeze of lime juice if desired.