Chicken Noodle Soup, not just a soup for sick people!
I love love love this recipe. I use leftover Clean Eating Slow Cooker Whole Chicken and pre cooked carrots to make it fast and easy to whip up in a hurry.
I can remember being really poorly with multiple infections when I was studying at college. I had to stay at home for 2 weeks and took a trip to the doctors 3 days in a row. One of my teachers and family friend Paula, came to visit me whilst I was poorly. She bought me lots of goodies to cheer me up, including the most amazing pouch of chicken noodle soup. (I am so lucky to have such lovely friends!). I don’t know what it is about the clear salty broth, tender pieces of chicken and thick ribbons of noodles, but a bowl of this has the power to soothe a weary soul.
I used Wholewheat Pappardelle purchased from Ocado. It’s delicious, hearty and doesn’t overcook or get soggy so it keeps well in the fridge. In fact, it tastes even better the second day.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Slow Cooker Chicken Stock
- Clean Eating Homemade Chicken Soup
- Clean Eating Curried Parsnip & Butter Bean Soup
Clean Eating Chicken Noodle Soup
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Ready In:
The Best Chicken Noodle Soup you will ever eat!
- 1/2 medium Red Onion super finely diced
- 1 stick of Celery super finely diced
- 1 large handful (aprox 40g) Kale finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 litres Stock
- 200 grams Carrots pre cooked
- 300 grams Chicken pre cooked
- 300 grams Wholewheat Pappardelle Noodles
- Place the olive oil into a large saucepan or stock pot along with the finely diced onion and celery. Turn on the heat to low cook for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the kale and cook for a further minute.
- Pour in the stock and place the lid onto the saucepan. Bring to the boil.
- Once bubbling, add the cooked chicken, carrots and noodles and bring back to the boil.
- Once bubbling again, turn the heat down to low and half cover the saucepan with the lid.
- Simmer for 10 - 12 minutes until the chicken is heated through and the noodles are cooked to your personal preference.
- Serve and enjoy!