We have enjoyed (endured) some really HOT days this summer. The only problem is that our garden isn’t quite finished yet and we haven’t been able to put a BBQ out so instead of cooking dinner outside we have had some fun ‘indoor bbq’ dinners and the kids LOVE them!
I was so impressed at my little man who munched his way through the whole kebab (minus the tomatoes) I told him I was so proud of him for eating the red onion (something he would usually pick out) and asked him what made him eat it this time. He said “because it’s red and my favourite colour is red.” Well, besides the fact that his favourite colour has always been blue and a red onion being purple we all laughed and asked him why he didn’t eat the red tomato, to which he replied “because tomatoes are disgusting!” Gotta love a 5 year olds honesty.
These are literally chicken fajitas on a stick. Fun, fuss free eating. They can be served with wholegrain wraps, wholegrain rice or for a lighter meal you can serve them with a leafy side salad, homemade guacamole and fresh corn cobs. Delicious!
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Oven Baked Fajitas
- Clean Eating Turkey Tacos
- Clean Eating Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Clean Eating Chicken Fajita Kebabs
- Yield: 4 Servings
These can be served with wholegrain wraps, wholegrain rice or for a lighter meal you can serve them with a leafy side salad, homemade guacamole and fresh corn cobs.
- 500-600 grams Chicken Breast cut into cubes
- 1 Courgette
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Red Onion
- 250 grams Cherry Tomatoes
- 200 grams Mushrooms
- 2 tsp Oil of choice I used olive oil - (divided)
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt divided
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper divided
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 4 Lime Wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180*C
- Place the chicken into a large dish and sprinkle over 1 tsp of the oil, the cumin, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, chilli powder and half of the salt and pepper.
- Mix together to coat the chicken well and then leave to one side whilst you prep the rest of your ingredients.
- Dice the veggies into uniform pieces, a similar size to the chicken cubes (leaving the cherry tomatoes whole) and place into a large bowl.
- Pour over the second tsp of oil, the remaining salt and pepper and the dried basil. Toss to combine.
- Thread your kebab sticks with a mixture of all of the ingredients, using 3-4 chicken pieces per stick.
- Place the kebabs onto a baking tray and cover with foil.
- Place into the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with a squeeze of lime just, homemade guacamole,corn cobs and a side salad.