I could eat this every day. It ticks all the right boxes and smells amazing! Quinoa is an amazing little seed. It is a complete protein, making it an excellent food choice for clean eaters, vegans and vegetarians wanting to keep up their protein intake without eating meat or animal products.
When I was a lot younger, I loved the cheese and broccoli pasta packet mixes (you know the ones!). My sister and I thought they were such a treat because we were rarely allowed them. Long before I started eating clean, I had to cut dairy out of my diet because it gave me migraines. Creamy sauces were something that I missed a lot. This recipe reminds me of my cheesy broccoli pasta days, except I know that it will do my body far more good than the packet mix would.
You can find nutritional yeast on Ocado, and in health food shops. I’m sure Amazon.co.uk stock it too. We love it and put it on everything. Just use it like you would parmesan cheese.
Have you used nutritional yeast before?
Clean Eating 'Cheesy' Chilli Broccoli Quinoa
- Yield: 1 Servings
- Ready In:
Packed with Protein and Vitamin C, this makes an excellent dinner, lunch or side dish.
- 1/4 Cup Quinoa rinsed
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Oat Milk
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Pinch Dried Chilli Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Bouillon Stock Powder (organic if possible)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 100g (1 Cup) Fresh Broccoli Florets
- Place the rinsed quinoa in a saucepan with the water, milk, garlic powder, stock powder and chilli flakes - remember, just a teeny tiny pinch.
- Stir whilst bringing to the boil.
- Once bubbling, turn the heat to low and put the lid on.
- Set a timer for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, but the broccoli florets in a steamer and steam for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and set aside in a bowl.
- Check on the quinoa in the last 5 minutes of cooking, stirring to ensure it doesn't stick and burn.
- Once the quinoa is cooked (it will look quite sticky) stir in the nutritional yeast until dissolved.
- Add the broccoli florets and gently combine with a fork.
- Serve with extra chilli flakes if desired.