Bacon, as we know it, is not clean. Not at all. Bacon, Ham, Frankfurters and all other processed meat is not good for our bodies. They contain preservatives (Sodium Nitrate) which are proven to do our bodies some harm. Some people are happy to eat these foods in moderation, and it is a personal choice of course. But for me, I will avoid them like the plague. – Same goes for my kiddos. My Husband on the other hand is a BIG bacon lover, and no amount of scare mongering from me will make him see otherwise!
But… that is ok, because through a string of unfortunate kitchen disasters, I have come up with this idea for making clean bacon and it is AWESOME!!!
Clean Eating Bacon is quick and easy to make. It tastes real and delicious. (It IS real and delicious!). Use it just like you would regular bacon. I made mine without salt, but I know my salt loving husband will want it on his – the choice is yours! 😉
Clean Eating Bacon! I LOVE YOU!
Has this recipe just saved your Clean Eating Life??
Clean Eating Bacon
- Yield: 4 Servings
Clean Eating Bacon is quick and easy to make. It tastes real, and delicious. (It IS real and delicious!). Use it just like you would regular bacon. I made mine without salt, but I know my salt loving husband will want it on his - the choice is yours!
- Remove the fat from the pork steaks, and if using, rub a pinch of salt onto each one.
- Place one of the pork steaks in between two sheets of grease proof paper, or clingfilm.
- Firmly but carefully bash the pork with the length of a rolling pin until it resembles the thickness of bacon. (Just a couple of mm thick).
- Once the pork is super thin, cut it into strips of 'bacon'.
- Heat up a non stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Place the pork onto the frying pan, and cook as you would bacon. - Less than a minute on each side.
- Once cooked through, serve and enjoy!! It's Clean Bacon!!