How beautiful is that plate of food? Don’t you just want to reach into the screen and devour the lot? When I eat food like this I can’t understand why anyone would think that eating clean is boring or tasteless. THIS my friends, is REAL FOOD and it tastes AMAZING!
This recipe came about after the lovely people from Florette Salad got in touch earlier in the month asking if I would like to try out some of their salad products. My mum used this salad brand when I lived at home so I was more than happy to get involved and to my delight I discovered something new and very, very exciting! BABY KALE!
Have you even heard of this before?! I had no idea that baby kale even existed so I was pretty excited to get my hands on some of this. Besides the kale that goes into my pesto, I always cook my kale before I eat it but this new discovery means that I can eat my kale raw too. (I know some people do eat curly kale raw…. but I don’t!). Baby kale tastes delicious, a little like cress but with a sweet after taste so it went so well with the sharp and tangy berries and cool and creamy goats cheese in this recipe. I bet it would taste great with an egg salad too!
Kale is so nutritious, it’s loaded with Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Vitamin K. It is also a great source of calcium and iron. I love to sneak kale into everything I cook, pasta, scrambled eggs, omelette, curry, bolognese, pesto and smoothies. My boys don’t even know that they are eating it.
- ‘A Salad For All Seasons’ by Harry Eastwood – This is a brilliant recipe book packed with salad recipes categorised into the four seasons.
- 3 Florette Salad Vouchers – These vouchers entitle you to 3 free bags of Florette Salad. You can choose from any of their range and they are available in most UK supermarkets.
- Florette Salad Water Bottle – With running handle and sports cap.
- Florette Salad Apron
- Florette Salad Draw String Bag
All you have to do to enter is leave a comment underneath one of my clean eating salad recipes. You can choose one from the links below. Once you have left your comment, come back to this page and let me know that you are done.
- Clean Eating Quinoa Funfetti Salad
- Clean Eating Super Salad with Goats Cheese and Lentils
- Clean Eating Quinoa Salad
- Clean Eating Italian Spelt Pasta Salad
- Clean Eating Greek Quinoa Salad
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. CONGRATULATIONS TO KATIE HASLOP, YOU ARE OUR WINNER!
Clean Eating Baby Kale Berry Salad
This is a gorgeous and super nutritious side salad which would be great to serve alongside some protein packed quinoa for a complete clean eating meal.
- 1 large handful Baby Kale Leaves
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Raspberries
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Blueberries
- 1-2 Fresh Strawberries or grapes/cherries
- 1 Tablespoon Soft Goats Cheese
- Place the baby kale leaves on your serving plate and top with the berries.
- Crumble over the goats cheese and serve with some protein packed quinoa.