I love Avocados and I love Avocado Toast! Every healthy eating recipe blog has their own take on this nutritious combination, but really it’s not a recipe at all, it’s just an idea that you may not have thought of before.
Avocados are a great source of healthy fat. You don’t need to eat them every day, but an avocado weekly will do your body lots of good. Especially if you are pregnant.
I usually make my own bread but I always like to keep a spare loaf on hand in the freezer for emergencies. I buy Cranks Wholemeal bread from Waitrose/Ocado. It is one of the only ‘clean’ breads I have found. It’s quite dense and more on the drier side (which I like) and is smaller than a regular loaf of bread. It makes amazing toast!
I usually just smush half a large avocado on my toast but this recipe has added protein from some Clean Eating Houmous and a zesty kick of lime too.
You can enjoy this for breakfast, lunch or as a nutritious snack.
Have you had avocado on your toast before?
Clean Eating Avocado Toast
- Yield: 1 Servings
- Ready In:
Complete with protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fat, this toast will set you up nicely for a day of healthy living!
- Place your bread in the toaster.
- Scoop out the flesh of half an avocado and place it in a bowl with the houmous.
- Mash it all together with the a fork and squeeze in the lime juice.
- Once the toast is ready, give the avocado mixture a quick stir and pop it on top of your toast.
- Serve with some freshly ground black pepper.
- Skill Level: Easy