This is my all time favourite way to eat my oats in the morning. Its like eating dessert for breakfast. It makes the house smell amazing and in just a few spoonfuls you will have downed two of your five a day – Bonus!
Growing up I had lots of exciting experiences with cinnamon whilst spending time with American friends. We ate cinnamon rolls, cinnamon doughnuts, cinnamon cereal, cinnamon cupcakes, cinnamon cookies, cinnamon jelly beans, cinnamon chewing gum…. If we weren’t eating something chocolate and peanut buttery, we were eating something brown sugar and cinnamony and I LOVED it. I honestly believed that everyone on the planet would love cinnamon, just as much as I did.
That is until I met one of my favourite friends. She doesn’t just not like cinnamon, she detests cinnamon!! The smell, the taste, all of it! (she doesn’t even like hot crossed buns! What?) I couldn’t believe that someone could dislike cinnamon so much. But, despite her detest for my favourite spice, she has put herself through the pain of buying me a cinnamon scented Yankee Candle and she brings me over oatmeal raisin cookies whenever I’m sad (by the way she HATES raisins too!). Now if that isn’t a sign of a true friend I don’t know what is!
Although she will never know what it tastes like, I will always think of my favourite friend when I’m eating my Clean Eating Apple Pie Porridge. Here’s to favourite friends and cinnamon!
Do you know anyone who doesn’t like cinnamon?
Clean Eating Apple Pie Porridge
- Yield: 1 Servings
The tastiest way to eat your oats in the morning, its like eating dessert for breakfast!
- 1 small Apple peeled and chopped
- 4 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Tablespoon Raisins heaped
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats
- 3/4 Cup Oat Milk (organic if possible)
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Maple Syrup Or Honey (optional)
- Place the chopped apple, raisins, cinnamon and water into a saucepan with the lid on and heat on high for 5 minutes.
- Take a peek at around 3 and 4 minutes to make sure there is enough water to ensure you don’t end up with burnt apple.
- Once the 5 minutes are up add in your oats, milk and maple syrup and turn the heat to low.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes, adding an extra splash of milk if needed.
- Serve with an extra sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy!