If you are new to Clean Eating and haven’t quite got the confidence to commit yourself to our Clean Eating 30 Day Challenge then I have just the kick start you need. The Clean Eating 10 Day Challenge.
On Thursday 22nd of January, there will be 10 more days left of the month, a perfect time for you to commit yourself to eating clean and still start 2015 off with a bang.
All you have to do is follow these simple rules:
- Cut out highly processed foods and all foods that contain refined white sugar and refined white flours, chemicals, additives, preservatives and artificial foods. Click here for a more detailed list of foods to avoid.
- Eat a variety of whole, natural, real food that comes from nature like wholegrains, poultry, lean meat, fish, eggs, beans, fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds. Click here for a more detailed list of foods to eat, limiting wholewheat and white potatoes.
- Combine lean proteins, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats in all meals. Use the above list for ideas of proteins, complex carbs and healthy fats.
- Keep hydrated by aiming to drink approximately 2 litres of water daily.
- Stop eating by 7pm or 3 hours before bed.
10 days might not be habit forming but it will definitely give you a taste of the clean eating lifestyle, plus its achievable. You can feel proud of yourself for accomplishing something so great.
Planning & Preparation
To be able to accomplish this challenge, you will need to do a little preparation including meal planning, writing a shopping list and stocking up on all of the wonderful food you will be needing. You can print out your very own clean eating meal planner template by signing up to my newsletter. Then all you have to do is fill it out, write your shopping list and go shopping. Here are a few clean eating meal ideas to help you out.
- Clean Eating Breakfast Ideas
- Clean Eating Lunch Ideas
- Clean Eating Dinner Ideas
- Clean Eating Gluten Free Ideas
- Clean Eating Dairy Free Ideas
- Clean Eating Vegetarian Ideas
- Clean Eating Vegan Ideas
- Clean Eating Snack Ideas
Motivation and Accountability
When starting any new challenge, it is important to stay motivated so check out my recent post about How To Stay Motivated To Eat Clean.
Make yourself accountable to completing this challenge by letting your family and friends know you are doing it, or by letting me know you are doing it. You can find me here on the blog (feel free to leave me a comment below to let me know you’re in!) or on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Detox & Side Effects
Cutting out certain things from your diet, especially sugar and caffeine can bring along some detox symptoms or side effects. These can last anywhere from 1-2 days or up to a week, but in my experience they have never lasted more than 2 or 3 days. Because this challenge is shorter than the 30 Day Challenge, if you do not feel able to completely cut out the caffeine, at least try to cut back on it, preferably having only 1 – 2 cups of tea/coffee a day. That way you are able to ease your way a little more gently into a new and healthier lifestyle.
Some symptoms of detox or side effects you may experience can include:
- mood swings
- body aches
- more frequent bowel movements or constipation
- feeling shaky
- spots and blemishes
- ‘brain fog’
- generally not feeling like your normal self
If you do experience any of these symptoms then keep hydrated and get good restful sleeps until your body adjusts and they pass.
If you are currently taking any medication or have been diagnosed with a medical condition, please speak to a doctor before you make any radical changes to your diet or lifestyle. I am not a doctor or a dietician and I can only share with you what works for me. We must all take care of our bodies according to our own needs and situations.
Good luck! I know you can succeed. I will be here with you every step of the way to motivate and encourage you via all of my social media pages so don’t forget to get connected using the hashtag #thekitchenshed10
You can email me, message me or comment with any questions or concerns you may have or if you need some quick inspiration or ideas to help you on your journey. Don’t forget to download and print out your free meal planner template by subscribing to the newsletter and get meal planning! You can do it! I believe in you!
You may also like: